In-The-Know. Cloud. Mobility. Cyber Security. Workforce/HR. Video.
- "Bring your own device" is a good solution for a lot of things federal employees do on a daily basis such as word processing, emailing, texting and instant messaging, the Agriculture Department's Associate Chief Information Officer said last...read more
- Officials from science agencies across the government on Thursday announced $200 million in new research and development investments related to the mining, processing, storage and use of big data. Assistant Defense Secretary for Research and Engineering Zachary Lemnios announced... read more
- Mobile Device Adoption in Federal Agencies is challenging current cybsecurity thinking in mnay ways, said memebers of speaking panel at...read more
- The Army said it expects to complete migration of both classified and unclassified email to an enterprise cloud operated by the Defense Information Systems Agency by April 2013. Mike Krieger, Army deputy chief information officer, said...read more
- Kundra said he's now focused instead on the way social media and social technologies can make governments and industry more efficient, transparent and collaborative. Kundra said, federal and state agencies could collect Yelp-like feedback from citizens to better...read more
- Next month, the Navy will kick off a 7,500-seat virtual desktop deployment in which desktop images will be streamed from regional data centers to zero clients devices that are...read more
- NIST security controls update addresses privacy, mobile, cloud. This is the first time we've done a full court press, if you will, on privacy," said Ron Ross, FISMA Implementation Project leader and NIST fellow, during an interview.
"Privacy has its own legislative requirements...read more
- The Department of Homeland Security nearly doubled its 2013 funding request for cybersecurity in an otherwise slimmed-down budget. There is bipartisan support for improving computer network defenses, so the outlook may be positive for obtaining much of the proposed $769 million from...read more
- Dept. of Defense CIO Teri Takai promises a "quick adoption" of commercial mobile devices within the department, which will lead to speedy development of software applications. With mobile devices, the Pentagon and the services will be able to develop and deploy applications in "days, weeks or months" rather than...read more
- The shape of things to come in government cloud computing will lie in models that are evolving on the state and local level, and may look a lot like what is taking place in Utah and Michigan, according to a new report...read more
- A comprehensive cybersecurity bill set for a vote in the Senate this week is drawing some late concern from the tech industry. However, spokesman for Senate Homeland Security Chairman Joe Lieberman states, "The federal government must protect its own information. When this information is processed or stored by a contractor on behalf of an agency...read more
- DJJ received Honorable Mention in the category, “IT as Efficiency Driver” for its Web-based After-hours Video Intake program using VIA3...read more